Junior Designer - West Yorkshire
Job Reference: PP1666
Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Junior Designer to join one of Britain’s fastest growing Outdoor and Lifestyle Companies. Working as part of the Design team you will be designing seasonal product across mens, womens and kidswear and completing technical cads to send to suppliers and will be an integral part of the growth of this established brand.
In this key role you will be responsible for-
- Continual trend, customer and comparative research to present ideas and identify key fabrics, colours, prints and silhouettes for each season.
- Alongside the design team create commercial initial designs to present to the Head of Design for range review.
- Create technical CAD packs including trim and fabric specifications ready for the Technical team to send to suppliers for production.
- Assisting in the day to day running and organisation of the design department.
- When required visit tradeshows, conferences and Far East suppliers.
The ideal candidate will –
- Be a Fashion design graduate with ideally 1-2 years industry experience.
- Be confident and proficient using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop on a daily basis.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge on garment and fabric construction and terminology.
- Ideally have experience designing in multiple product categories across lifestyle and outdoor apparel.
- Be able to work well within a team and communicate confidently to senior members of the company.
- A self-starter with a passion for the role and apparel industry.
- Able to follow direction and mentoring from senior members of the team, while being able to manage own workload.
Willing to travel abroad when required.
To apply for this position either fill in the form on the right (you will not receive an acknowledgement that your CV has been uploaded) or email your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference.
Please note we aim to respond to every application within 72 hours